Charges for “less than a truckload” (LTL) or full truckload freight are the responsibility of the UCSB department or campus group making the purchase to be shipped. Central Receiving does not handle the processing of freight charges for UCSB departments or campus groups.
When an order is placed for a purchase that requires transport via freight carrier, the charges for the shipment must be processed through the UCSB department or campus group placing the order. To be sure invoicing for freight charges reaches the department or campus group placing the order for freight services, please provide the freight carrier with the department or campus group name, contact person, phone number and the on campus building address.
Deliveries can be Directed to Central Receiving
Central Receiving can receive LTL shipments for departments or campus groups if the item(s) ordered requires installation or assembly a few days after delivery, or the load is too large for delivery to your location and needs to be broken down into several smaller, more manageable loads.
If you need for Central Receiving to receive a large freight order for your department or campus group, please:
- List Central Receiving, Building 507 Mesa Rd, Santa Barbara CA 93106 as the “SHIP TO” address;
- Show your department or campus group as the “BILL TO” party and provide all address details so your department or campus group receives the invoice for the freight service;
- Contact Furniture Services to arrange for delivery of any shipment received by Central Receiving to your department or campus group location. Furniture Services can provide a quote for its services. Furniture Services can be reached at: email@example.com or 805.893.2732;
- If the item(s) in the shipment require assembly or installation, Furniture Services can provide a quote for assembly and/or installation and schedule the work with you;
- There is a (3) day storage allowance for freight shipments received by Central Receiving. If your freight shipment is stored longer than (3) days, storage charges will be applied to your department or campus group.
- If your shipment is comprised of multiple pallets, we ask that you arrange with Furniture Services to make delivery to your location as soon as possible as Central Receiving space is very limited.
If you have any questions about freight shipments or the freight handling services available through UCSB Central Receiving, please contact Ignacio Astorga at 805.893.2878 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.